cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lidia_guerrero
Level 4

Installation Requeriments: Operating System

Hi,

InstallShied Limited Edition 2010 permits you select the operating system that your application requires.

If I select three:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP

the solution is built for 5 operating systems, it adds Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008...

Why??
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I would like you to know that it would be possible to choose only the required Operating systems for a setup.

I was able to select just the three Operating Systems that you have mentioned. Kindly have a look at the below screenshot.

Also, I would like to know if this behavior you observe is specific to a particular project or happens in case of a new project.
0 Kudos
lidia_guerrero
Level 4

Hi,

This behavior happens in all projects.

I select these three Operating Systems and then I save the setup project. After building the solution I have all Operating Systems selected.

The ISSetupPrerequesites folder created is the following (see the image).
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I would like you know that in ISLE 2011 I failed to replicate the behavior mentioned by you. On selecting the three Operating Systems, saving and building the solution the selection of Operating Sytems remained the same.

Could you please confirm on the version of InstallShield Limited Edition you are currently using and also if Visual Studio 2010 SP1 in installed on your machine.

If you are using InstallShield Limited Edition 2010 you may please download the latest version InstallShield Limited Edition 2011 linked as below and try if the same behavior persists:

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio
0 Kudos
lidia_guerrero
Level 4

I am using Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and I just installed InstallShield Limited Edition 2012 but now I cannot build a solution. I get the following error:

Anyway I cannot save the three S.O., I always have the next configuration selected (see second image)
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I notice that you encounter error 6109 during build time. Please take a look at the below KB document that elaborates on the cause and resolution for this error.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q109435

In addition to this, I am still working on the issue concerning the selection of Operating systems and I shall get back to you on this. Meanwhile kindly confirm if the error 6109 has been resolved.
0 Kudos
lidia_guerrero
Level 4

Hi,

I get still this error and I have the Visual Studio solution created, as I have read in the document.
If I add a project output (Primary Output) it has the "LINK To" field empty but right click shows the right link.

(this setup project has been converted from the older version)
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I understand that you encounter error 6109 on building yuor setup. I request you to provide the steps that you followed so I would try to replicate the issue at my end and debug further.
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hello,

I am working with my engineering team on the issure regarding the inconsistent selection of Operating Systems after the build is performed and would be able to provide further information once I hear back from them.
0 Kudos
lidia_guerrero
Level 4

I add a new installshield proyect to my proyect in VS 2010 SP1 (c++ .net).
I follow the project assistant steps:

- Application Information: name, version...
- Installation Requirements:
- Windows: 8, 7, Vista and XP.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full package
- Application Files:
- Add Proyect Outputs: Primary Output
- Add Files (dll's) and Folders with documents, images... in PersonalFolder, AppDataFolderdocuments and ProgramFilesFolder.
- Application Shortcuts:
- Create an uninstallation shortcut
- Create shortcut in Start Menu and on Desktop
- Installation Interview:
- No License
- Yes Company Name...
- No to modify the installation location
- Yes to launch the app and select the Primary.Output
- Redistributales:
- Visual C++ 10.0 MFC (x86)
- Visual C++ 10.0 CRT(x86)
- Visual C++ 10.0 ATL (x86)
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 Full (I had to download it)

Then I build a solution but I get the same error: error : -6109

I updated to the 2012 version...is it better the old version??
0 Kudos
lidia_guerrero
Level 4

I have uninstalled the 2012 version and have installed the 2011 version.
I have solved the -6109 error but I still get the operating system error...
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for the response and I am glad that your issue reagrding error 6109 has been resolved.

I would like you to know that I could replicate the reported behavior regarding the Operating System selection even in ISLE 2011. I have raised this issue to our engineering team and they are working on the same.

I would be able to give you further information on hearing from them.
0 Kudos