Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Installation Log

Hi,

Hopefully this is a really obvious answer, but I can't find an installation log anywhere for my installscript installations.

Does an installation log get automattically created and if so, where? If not, how do I do it?

Thanks,

Rich.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Mescalero
Level 7

Hi Rich,

This isn't automatic, but it is easy to configure. In your IDE, go to Releases > Product Configuration > Release, and select the setup.exe tab. In the "MSI Command Line Arguments" field, you could enter something like "/l*v %WINDIR%\Installation.log".

This particular command creates a verbose log of the install, and there are of course many other logging options (and destinations for the log file) which may better suit your setup.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Last I checked readable logs do not get created for InstallScript projects. You will need to write your own code for loging actions.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Correct, there's a binary log that you can view with the InstallShield log viewer, but not a text log as Windows Installer (MSI) projects generate.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll have to get started on developing my own logging code.

Rich.
0 Kudos