cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saurabhgupta
Level 3

InstallShiield | Tool gets hanged on click ellipse button with Required Features

Hi Team ,

I need immediate assistance. We are using InstallShield 2012 Spring version. We have been using it for couple of years and our project has been in running state with the development done using same version of installshield. Based on requirement, we had been in need to modify an existing Feature under Setup Design section that persists under Organization folder structure of install shield.
We observed a strange nehaviour now and this issues exists on all running machines having installshiield. While trying to update/add by clicking on ellipsis button of the "Required features" Under Program feature section, the install shield now gets jammed for 3-4 hours. Its goes down in Busy state and we are left with no choice but to restart the Install Shield. Tried everything but we are totally struck with the jammed screen when clicked on Required Features.

Please help us out as we are now struck with the work. I am attaching the screen shot for better understanding, that will let know on what action the InstallShield gets hanged.

Thanks
Saurabh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

Flexera has dropped support for this version a long time ago - anything older than Installshield 2014 is not currently supported by Flexera. If you expect us regular users to help with a version of software that the vendor who writes it doesn't support - I think that is wrong minded.

Upgrade to a newer version ASAP.

Chad
0 Kudos
saurabhgupta
Level 3

Hi Chad,

We tried upgrading to the latest version of the software and downloaded the trial version of the same. Issue is persisting on the latest version as well. I'll highly appreciate if a resolution can be provided on priority basis as we have been planning to upgrade our existing Installshield license with license for more number of users to do the development in parallel.

Thanks
Saurabh
0 Kudos
saurabhgupta
Level 3

We are awaiting response on this thread.
0 Kudos