cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmpratt62
Level 2

InstallShield2018Express Activation Code Deactivation

Jump to solution

I recently had a hard drive crash and my  IT department replace it. Then I needed to reinstall my Install Shield 2018 Express application which I did from My Files in the "FlexNetOperations" website after I logged in. Everything wend as expected but when I went to activate the  install with my activation code, I got the message "Error 0 - Activation Code ... failed: the quantity specified exceeds maximum quantity allowed (0)"

Now reading in this community, I see that I need to "return" my activation from the previous install but there is no way to do this.  I have tried the "TCConfig.exe /return" without success.  Same error message.

Can anyone lend me a clue as to deactivate my own activation.

P.S. i am installing the application on the same "Machine".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Flex-Jeremy
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

With the crash and replacement of your hard drive, the "Same" machine became a new machine as far as the InstallShield license is concerned. 

To get your InstallShield license made available for use on your machine, please contact Technical support and they can help you activate InstallShield on your new machine. You can contact them about an activation issue even if you do not have a valid maintenance plan. 

You can reach support via phone or email at the contacts below: 
https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720 

Please make sure you have your activation code for InstallShield when you call or include the number in your email. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Flex-Jeremy
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

With the crash and replacement of your hard drive, the "Same" machine became a new machine as far as the InstallShield license is concerned. 

To get your InstallShield license made available for use on your machine, please contact Technical support and they can help you activate InstallShield on your new machine. You can contact them about an activation issue even if you do not have a valid maintenance plan. 

You can reach support via phone or email at the contacts below: 
https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720 

Please make sure you have your activation code for InstallShield when you call or include the number in your email. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
0 Kudos