cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bernardoely
Level 2

InstallShield releasing outdated DLL from Temp. ASP.NET files instead of /bin/Release

Greetings.
We're using .NET v4.0, VS2012 Update 1 and latest version of InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition.

We got scared when noticed that InstallShield doesn't rely on latest built libraries from project output. Instead, it gets the oldest version as possible from*Temporary ASP.NET Files folder! (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files)

Unless we clean up Temporary ASP.NET Files, there is no way for InstallShield to embed the actual latest DLL from project output.

Furthermore, I had two outdated versions of that DLL in*Temporary ASP.NET Files folder, and InstallShield got the oldest one. After I deleted the oldest it got another outdated DLL from there. Finally, I cleaned up*Temporary ASP.NET Files and it got the DLL from Bin/Release (which should be the only and obvious place to get the DLLs from).

Once we cannot rely on a manual procedure of cleaning up*Temporary ASP.NET Files folder, we just don't know what to do.

We hope we don't need to build our own Setup mechanism...

Kindly advise.*

Regards,
Bernardo Ely
0 Kudos
(11) Replies