cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billwelch
Level 3

InstallShield "Limited Edition"???

Hello,

I am trying to create a setup project using Visual Studio 2012 and InstallShield Limited Edition. I am encountering an error but I don't know where to post a question to get help. I cannot find the name "InstallShield Limited Edition" anywhere on the Community Forums or elsewhere on the Flexera webpages. This is very frustrating, since starting with Visual Studio 2012, Microsoft provides only InstallShield Limited Edition for doing setups.

I have 2 main questions at this point:

1.) What happened to "InstallShield Limited Edition"? Where do I go for support?

2.) I originally downloaded InstallShield Limited Edition when I attempted to create a test setup about a year ago. How can I determine if I have the latest version and where do I go to get updates?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Welch
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

The limited edition is supported on the community forums:
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?264-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-for-Visual-Studio

The latest version should be InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition for Visual Studio. InstallShield LE > Check for Updates.. should display any updates available.
0 Kudos
billwelch
Level 3

Hello,

Thanks for helping me find the forum. I was having difficulty because I was neglecting to start by clicking on "Products" on the Forums home screen. I clicked on "InstallShield" instead, and you can't get there that way!

Thanks again,

Bill Welch
0 Kudos