cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

InstallShield hangs when opening dialog for edit

Hi,

I have one problem where one dialog when I open it for edit it hangs the InstallShield and I need to restart it. This is the only dialog which has this problem. I have several other dialogs as well in the same project which opens and edits very well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Right click on your dialog name and create a clone of it. After that edit the clone dialog and delete the older one. I think that will resolve your problem. That worked for me.
0 Kudos
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

Thanks for your reply, I just tried it and it hangs the Installshield. Application just goes in Not Responding state and I can't do anything. Do you have any other way I can edit the dialog? I want to change control's flow index and add one control in it.

I Appreciate.
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Have you tried to run IS with any other windows user..
0 Kudos
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

No. Is this can be a root of this problem? I am using machine which was used by other user before then I changed the user name to my name and started using this machine. Will logging as Administrator will work?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

The same happened to me... i have created a new user then ran IS...then it worked fine... What OS you are using?
0 Kudos
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

I am using Windows XP SP2.
0 Kudos
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

I just gave it a try and same behavior. Installshield goes in Not responding state. Is there any other way we can edit dialog?
0 Kudos