cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seankeysight
Level 3

InstallShield: There Is Not Enough Space on Drive C to Extract the Files

Receiving the above message just before beginning the install process of my app. Drive C: has over 200G of free space so https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/There-Is-Not-Enough-Space-on-Drive-C-to-Extract-the-Files/ta-p/4559 does not seem to apply.

However, if I select "Custom" vs "Complete" setup, the install proceeds without error.

We're coming up on a new release and I need to get this fixed. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Copy the setup to drive where you have more space available(if you have multiple drive available in your machine)

It also happens even if there is enough free space on the drive you are running the file from.

This happens when the TMP or TEMP environment variable is pointing to a drive that does not have enough space.

To avoid this error you need to change the TMP (or TEMP) variable to point to a drive that has enough space.

1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
  2. Open System.
  3. Go to the Advanced tab.
  4. Click on the Environment Variables button.
  5. Change the TMP (or TEMP) User and System variables to point to a location with more available space.

And see it fixes your issue or not, Even if its not fixed , please check it in new machine and check its failing in new clean machine as well.

0 Kudos