cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcusogden
Level 2

InstallShield - Support for .NET 4.0?

Hello,

Version 4.0 of the .NET Framework is currently in beta, and scheduled for release to market in the first half of 2010.

My questions are:

- Will the current version of InstallShield (InstallShield 2010) work with .NET 4.0 (i.e. does it have in-built support for deploying the .NET 4.0 Framework and .NET 4.0 applications)?

- If not, do you plan to release a version of InstallShield that supports .NET 4.0? How long after the release to market of .NET 4.0 is this likely to be released?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
nmsams
Level 7

My company is now developing our next major release in VS 2010 and .NET framework 4.0 which we are hoping to release this fall. Can we expect something by then?
0 Kudos
wallywojo
Level 4

Is there going to be a redist update for InstallShield 2010 to accommodate for the new framework?
0 Kudos
MarkI42
Level 3

Hi folks,

I'm wondering about the same things.

Will there be official .NET 4.0 PreReqs for the different profiles and install conditions?
When will those be available?

btw here's a quote from the current landing page:
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/promolanding/10995.htm

Plus, InstallShield gives you the option to either install (or include a requirement to install) the .NET Framework 4.0 and the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 SP1 in Windows Installer (MSI) installations.

I'd be keen to know how I can achieve this...

Thanks!

Cheers,
M.
0 Kudos
Jason_Si
Level 2

Supporting .NET Framework 4.0 is important to us.

We've moved to Visual Studio 2010 for some days, but find .NET 4.0 is not supported by InstallShield.

Would you please give us a estimated timeline on the comming date? Or a candidate remedy is welcome.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The .NET Framework 4 prerequisites are available through an expansion pack. The following KB article has the download, plus additional information:
Q209084
0 Kudos
MarkI42
Level 3

Yay!

Cheers,
M.
0 Kudos