cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zapaaron
Level 2

InstallShield Limited Editon - does not install .NET Framework 4

Hello,

Developing an 2010 add-in in Visual Studio 2012 according to the writeup on msdn at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc442767%28v=vs.110%29.aspx.

Works fine locally.

Now I need to create an installer package for it to install on Windows 7 (32-bit + 64-bit). When I try to add the .NET Framework 4 as a redistributable I get the below error:

The installation of Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 Full has failed. Setup will now exit.

This doesn't happen with all redistributables but some pretty major ones like 4.0. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Web Download) for example does install.

Any ideas on what to do or where to go from here? The error is pretty generic...doesn;t give me much to go on...

Thanks,

Aaron
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

Can you try running the executable at the location below on the same machine and see if there are any issues?
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\4.0\Full
0 Kudos
zapaaron
Level 2

Thanks for your help kyi!

I think I see where you're going with this question but I don't think a bad /missing file / bad link is the issue on this one:)

The deploy package specifies including the .net framework 4.0 full (Web Download) as a download (not from source media) so this folder wouldn't be there on dev or the VM. I did use the same link for the framework to manually install.

Based on what I'm seeing I think this is a specific error, a bug with partially installed Office libraries:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/c26d3f76-be37-4e1b-9d9a-84edae351e18/problem-with-vstoinstallerconfig

The deploy works if I manually install each of the pieces in the correct order (.net, vsto, then my add-in)....I was just hoping to tighten that up a bit rather than ask customers to do that.

If anyone has any knowledge on this maybe we can solve it for other developers. Otherwise the answer may just be occams razor.

Aaron
0 Kudos