cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyline
Level 2

InstallShield Limited Edition in VS2010 Polish setup language

Hi,

I use InstallShield Limited Edition in my Visual Studio 2010 Professional Solution. I don't know how to switch setup language to Polish. In the General Information Tab I have only the possibility to choose Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish.

Should I install additional language packs? I want to create installation wizard for my App only in Polish language.

Please help me.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Meitzi
Level 2

Note: The Limited edition of InstallShield supports only one language per installation project. The Premier edition of InstallShield enables you to create projects that run in more than one language. It also offers granular control at both build time and run time over which files are installed based on the language. In addition, the Premier edition enables you to add unsupported languages, beyond the available supported languages, to projects.

So, only way to do this with Limited edition, is manually tranlsate every single text in your Project. Possible, but its a hard work.
0 Kudos
skyline
Level 2

I think this not possible, because If somebody try to use Polish special characters in this translation, he gets in building process an error message:

-7185: The English (United States) translation for string identifier IDS_CANCEL includes characters that are not available on code page 1252.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

It is not compatible with InstallShield. However, you can go to the "Releases" view and select yes for the build UTF-8 Database Setting.

To resolve this error, consider using the String Editor view to edit the value of the string identifier so that it uses characters from the appropriate code page.

If you must use characters that are not available in the target language’s code page, consider selecting Yes for the Build UTF-8 Database setting. Note, however, that this may result in user interface issues in some scenarios because the Windows Installer does not fully support UTF-8 databases. For more information, see the description of the Build UTF-8 Database setting.

This error occurs if both of the following conditions are true:

1. A table in the source project database contains characters that are not available in the code page for one or more target languages.
2 .You are building a language-specific (ANSI) database.

You may also detect such characters with Python.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos