cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_fullbrook
Level 3

InstallShield LE for VS2010 with TFS 2010

I have installed InstallShield LE for VS2010 on my PC and created a setup project. This builds and installs fine locally.

I have installed InstallShield 2011 Standalone Build (SAB) on my Team Foundation Server 2010.

When I run the build on TFS2010 I get the message:

f:\Builds\1\Applications\\InstallShieldClientSetup.isproj (29): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011Limited\InstallShield.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

There is indeed no project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011Limited\InstallShield.targets" but there is a "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011\InstallShield.targets" (Note that "Limited" is missing from the directory path).

So my question is am I doing something incompatible? Do I need to install Limited Edition on the FTS Server? Please help.
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

If you wish to use the project created with InstallShield Limited Edition with the TFS server then InstallShield Limited Edition has to be installed on a machine with has the TFS server configured.

Kindly refer the help topic “Integrating with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server “.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
david_fullbrook
Level 3

Hi Lenwin,

Thanks for your reply. I installed InstallShield LE on a TFS Build Agent, and ran up VS 2010 on that machine so that I could activate it. I was then able to create a new InstallShield LE setup project from within VS 2010 which confirms that it was activated.

However, when I queue a build from the TFS Build Controller to this Agent I get the message:

"C:\Program Files\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011Limited\InstallShield.targets (96): -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized."

Any ideas?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

I am currently looking into this issue and would get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Level 3

Hi out there,

I'm running into the same problem. An automated TFS build runs quite well until it complains about the not initialized product license "-7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized".

I've Installed VisualStudio 2010 on my Team Foundation Server 2010 machine. Then I installed InstallShield LE 2011 on the TFS machine, too. I've activated the product within VisualStudio. Unfortunately InstallShield seems to be not licensed when triggered by the build agent of TFS.

What can I do here?

Best regards
Lars
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly check the account under which the build service on the build box is running under.

Could you kindly try switching to a domain account or an account with admin privileges and check if the same issue persists?

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Level 3

I've opened an own thread for this here:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=196404
0 Kudos