cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkorin
Level 2

InstallShield LE 2015 not working on VS2015 Community Edition

Hi,

Just installed latest version of InstallShield LE 2015. When I opened my old project in VS2013, it recognized the new version and offered me to upgrade. But when I open this project in VS2015, the project is incompatible. Also I do not see InstallShield project under Setup and Deploy under Add new project. It looks like InstallShield was not integrated to VS2015. I have tried reinstalling it, did not help.

Anyone, please advise.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition does not support Visual Studio Community 2015. Please check out the InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio - Registration page for the supported versions and editions of Visual Studio.
0 Kudos
mkorin
Level 2

It sais online that it is available http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio.

"InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2015 NOW AVAILABLE!"
0 Kudos
iguana75
Level 2

Hello,

according to Microsoft, "InstallShield Limited Edition is free for users of all Visual Studio editions except the Express editions". This would mean that it ISLE should be available in VS 2015 Community (as Community edition is not the same as Express editions) - so, which information is correct?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
dgeorge
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition does not support Visual Studio Community 2015. Please check out the InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio - Registration page for the supported versions and editions of Visual Studio.

It is very upsetting that Flexera chooses not to support VS2015 Community edition, while (ostensibly) supporting VS2015 Professional, since Community and Professional are equivalent except for access to MSDN. Note that ISLE2015 actually does install in VS2013 Community, and I think it is Microsoft's expectation that ISLE2015 would support VS2015 Community. Now I am forced to develop a new installation package for my one application when I upgraded from VS2013 to VS2015.
0 Kudos
dgeorge
Level 3

Why does InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition support Visual Studio 2013 Community but not Visual Studio 2015 Community? ISLE 2015 installs just fine in VS2013 Community.
0 Kudos