cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amartinidg
Level 3

InstallShield Express 2014 perpetual license expired, really?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to reactivate InstallShiell2014 product (I have a perpetual license, it´s a strange!!!) I tried through Online/Offline activation and doesn’t work anything...finally I sent a web request to this URL (https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation). But it doesn’t work too.I will try to write directly to support but I can´t find a web request form or email.

Any ideas?

Regards and thanks a lot.

Pedro

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Finally, another workmate could contact with Flexera support on Uk (+44 (0) 870 873 6301) and they sent instructions about activation. I share this with you.

_________

1. Close the product and the activation wizard

2. Delete any file(s) with MVSN in the filename at the following location (you will need to enable hidden files and folders to see the .data and .001 files):

On XP or older:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet On Vista or newer:  C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

3. Set the following registry key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\21.0]

"OfflineTransactionPending"=dword:00000000

4. Re-launch InstallShield 2014 and if prompted, activate (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)

_______

In my case, this solution are valid and now still working again!

PS: It is very frustrating that an IT company not response a support questions by email and finally we have to call by phone...

Thanks for all.

View solution in original post

(14) Replies
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,

You can look in to the following link on how to :

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield22helplib/Subsystems/installshield22verification/helplibrary/VerificationTroubleshooting.htm

Or , You can go to : https://community.flexera.com/t5/Flexera-Software-Community/ct-p/Flexera_Software_Community and login to community and under Get Support > Open New Case.

Thanks

Hi,

I can´t view Get Support > Open New Case, because I staied out of contract support (I have a perpetual software license without support). I try to reactive online but I can´t uploading a response (activacion.xml) file, I dont appear this text on my screen. I have a InstallShield 2014 and you instruccions is to InstallShield2015

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to get response file(activation.xml) for the offline activation? after you sent  a web request to this URL (https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Hi, Yes, I receive the response file but I could not upload it. See all my steps (see attached pdf) Thank you.
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that all the steps performed are correct. In this case you can contact support at installshieldsupport@installshield.com(for help in English) or offlineactivations-japan@installshield.com (for help in Japanese) so that they can re-enable your activation code if it is allowed.

Thanks

Hi, I sent an email to this email direction a few days ago without response... this situation it's very frustrating!! Thanks.
0 Kudos
Hi, can you please try to return the license first using "TSConfig.exe /return" and then try reactivating. Thanks, Bikram
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue.  email to 'support@flexerasoftware.com' and installshieldsupport@installshield.com went unanswered.
how can I get my perpetual license reactivated? 

thanks

0 Kudos

i tried TSConfig  /return, generated a request file, when i went to offlineactivation and uploaded the request file, i got

The activation request XML was missing or malformed.
0 Kudos
Hi, I run TSConfig /return, generated a request file and sent to Support@Flexera.com.... awaiting for response. I can't activate it online or offline method . It's frustrating. Thanks to all.
0 Kudos

Finally, another workmate could contact with Flexera support on Uk (+44 (0) 870 873 6301) and they sent instructions about activation. I share this with you.

_________

1. Close the product and the activation wizard

2. Delete any file(s) with MVSN in the filename at the following location (you will need to enable hidden files and folders to see the .data and .001 files):

On XP or older:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet On Vista or newer:  C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

3. Set the following registry key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\21.0]

"OfflineTransactionPending"=dword:00000000

4. Re-launch InstallShield 2014 and if prompted, activate (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)

_______

In my case, this solution are valid and now still working again!

PS: It is very frustrating that an IT company not response a support questions by email and finally we have to call by phone...

Thanks for all.

Looks like return license (waiting for a response that never comes), deleting files as described + offline activation in my case, also resolves now my issues with reactivation. Was for me also frustrating that I get no answer from the support and we will think hard about whether we will soon buy the new version. But ok, Thanks for sharing the work around
0 Kudos

I just saw you solution, after submitting a new Case for the same issue using InstallShield 2019, in my case I just had to delete the MVSN, .data and .001 files from c:\ProgramData\Flexnet.  I restarted Installshield and it is now activated.  Thanks for posting.

0 Kudos
Dear Support-Team, I also need help to reactivate my license. I attach pdf of what I tried so far. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos