cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfairweather
Level 4

InstallShield Express 2009 hangs when building projects

I use Vista 64bit with InstallShield 2009 Express and am having problems with my project hanging at different places when I try to build a SingleImage. Occasionally the build will complete but usually it does not. It happens with building a CDRom too but not as much. I have reinstalled InstallShield and updated it to the latest version. I don't get any messages except the program shows "not responding." The hard drive also contines to be very active until I terminate IS Exp 2009. I have used IS for over 12 years and have never had problems like this. I am using the program on a new HP notebook.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
cfairweather
Level 4

I recreated my project from scratch and it solved the problem.
0 Kudos
Orlandovillas
Level 2

I've had this problem for a while now on the current and previous versions of Installshield Express, on 2 PCs that I own.

The build was hanging at random places, and very rarely would complete (say 1 in 30 times). If it did complete then Installshield was unresponsive at the end of the build process, but I could force it to close and the setup files were fine.

Yesterday I finally finally found a solution (I had already tried recreating the project which didn't help for me).

I had to go to my main program EXE file in the File's list within Installshield, right-click and go in to 'Dependencies from scan at build' and un-tick the 'Microsoft GDI+' item from the list.

Now the build is fine every time. I did then add the 'Microsoft GDI+' item from within the Redistributables menu just to ensure the program would work fine on the target PC - adding it from here works nicely and still doesn cause IS to hang during build.
0 Kudos
vsadineni
Level 2

Hi
I am trying to build a proj using Install shield 2009 professional on Vista 32-bit OS. The build process hangs. I tried even after recreating the project. But still it hangs.

Can you pls tell me the solution. I am blocked on this.

Thank you so much for your help!
0 Kudos
vsadineni
Level 2

Hello OrlandoVillas
Can you pleas tell me the files you have modified. I am not clear on " my program EXE file".
Is it the exe of the installa shiled set up files OR the exe created as part of your project?

Can you pls provide me the file paths you have modified???
0 Kudos
Not applicable

vsadineni wrote:
Hello OrlandoVillas
Can you pleas tell me the files you have modified. I am not clear on " my program EXE file".
Is it the exe of the installa shiled set up files OR the exe created as part of your project?

Can you pls provide me the file paths you have modified???

What he said is his project file.
You can find all the exe files in your IS project's "Files and Folders View".
0 Kudos
astorm
Level 2

My InstallShield Professional hangs with:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: isdev.exe
Application Version: 15.0.0.498
Application Timestamp: 48252748
Hang Signature: 81c1
Hang Type: 513
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: a706e300782c690489393df2a368c34c
Additional Hang Signature 2: f681
Additional Hang Signature 3: 8567f8cd00caa3f056ec07202ee6573b