cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmoulton
Level 6

InstallShield Branding

At the bottom of each dialog in the Suite is a graphic with the InstallShield name.

Can this graphic be legally removed or covered over? It is possible to create a custom dialog without it?

Is there any way to reduce the size of the font used or change it in any way?

Thanks,

--Kim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm not a legal guy, so while I would expect them to hem and haw and generally discourage trying, I'd rather ask what sort of look are you trying to get here - see if there's something we can propose internally that would, say, let you choose between a couple options.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

For example, I showed my manager my implementation of the chainer suite in our install. One of the first things he noticed and wanted to get rid of was the big InstallShield logo in the bottom corner of the dialog.

I understand that InstallShield is proud of the suite technology and the suite technology is very nice. However, is there any way we could remove this logo or at the very least tone it down a little. If we can't remove it, it would be nice to be able to make it much smaller and less obtrusive.

For example, you could add the ability to decrease the font size of the logo. You could even give a choice of more than one type of logo. In case that particular logo didn't appeal to you.

Thanks,

--Kim
0 Kudos
lasiewicz
Level 6

I have had some have me take this out with a really simple querey . Its about 4 lines of code.

I do suggest you keep it there as most people want to see the installshield brand.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

I guess the best way to explain this is with a picture. My manager is OK with the small InstallShield, but doesn't want the big logo that the chainer uses.

Is there any way to shrink the logo? It is legal to get rid of it?
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the logo from the dialog. Perhaps the best you can do right now is change the navigation background to white. It produces less shading for the logo and is a little less intrusive. See attached document.
0 Kudos
munsingh
Level 6

Inability to remove the big InstallShield logo is becoming an obstacle for me to buy this version. Users should be given this ability, considering they have paid for the software. InstallShield should not try to do free advertising on software which is paid. It is kind of akin to adware.
0 Kudos
munsingh
Level 6

Also IMHO the way the suite UI looks seems a out of place with the rest of the Windows User Interfaces. I wish it was kept similar to msi dialog's look and feels. That would seem more professional in my opinion.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

My advice, stick with the basic theme, so all you have to worry about is the small text. Modify the dialog size as you see fit, and create your own background imagery. This gets you around using the other themes that include the huge InstallShield logo.

Now, what to do about the Small InstallShield lettering? You can't delete the label and line controls there, IsCmdBld will just put them back there. What you can do is go to the Control Table and set the height and width of the Branding1 and Branding2 controls (and the DlgLine controls as well if you don't want the line there) to 0. Now you've customized the look and feel (resizing, creating a background image) and gotten rid of 3rd party branding.
:cool:
0 Kudos