cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

InstallShield Branding on Dialogs...

I know this was a topic of discussion somewhere, on some forum way back in the day when I worked with IS products previously, but is there a way to change the IS branding on dialogs?

I'm currently evaluating another product which allows this change as its basically a label control where you just change the text. By the way, this is one of the only bright spots with the other product.

It would be cool if one could place their company name there, but no big deal if it can't be done.

Just wondering.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Marwan
Level 7

If I remember correctly, the EULA prohibit changing the IS branding on dialogs and the InstallShield IDE enforces that. This is mainly done because end users are more comfortable seeing the InstallShield name on installers.
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

Yeah, I remember that being the case I think.

No big deal, just wondering.

They should allow it though because it would be kind of cool to have your company name there instead.

I agree that seeing the InstallShield branding may give some level of comfort to some, but there are probably a lot of users installing software that don't really care too.
0 Kudos
BPWILL
Level 4

If that is the case, then why do the dialogs provide themes? From what I learned in my recent training class, inserting your company logo in not only possible, but easily done. If not permissible, I'm sure it would not be a topic covered or a change that could so easily be done. One only has to look at the default themes to see that no IS logos are present.
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

It's not a logo, but the branding or 'watermark'-ish company name that appears in a horizontal line above any command buttons on a particular dialog.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

All you need to do is set the associated controls' height and width to 0...you can do this easily from the direct editor.

...and I strongly disagree with any IDE that forces its branding on the end product. Lots of people write software using Visual Studio...software that doesn't have a Visual Studio logo on it...because the end user isn't buying Visual Studio, they're buying the software developed with it. Same should go for IS.
0 Kudos