cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jking2z
Level 2

InstallShield 2019 - Available for Trial Download?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am working on a project that uses Visual Studio 2019. I would like to use InstallShield for the installation portion of this project, but it appears the only version of InstallShield that works with Visual Studio 2019 is InstallShield 2019?  I signed up for the InstallShield trial, but this gave me the most recent version (2021) which does not have the Visual Studio support I need.

To that end, is downloading the  InstallShield 2019 trial version still a thing that can be done?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jking2z,

Thank you for your post.

No, we only allow a single evaluation of the latest InstallShield version, which is InstallShield 2021 as you mentioned.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jking2z,

Thank you for your post.

No, we only allow a single evaluation of the latest InstallShield version, which is InstallShield 2021 as you mentioned.

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jking2z,

As a follow-up to my previous reply, Visual Studio 2019 is listed as supported by InstallShield 2021, in the InstallShield 2021 Release Notes at the following link:

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield27helplib/rn/Content/helplibrary/For_Systems_Running_InstallShield.htm#isreleasenotes_3104246582_1041276

Could you please try uninstalling then reinstalling your evaluation copy of InstallShield 2021 to try to enable Visual Studio integration with Visual Studio 2019? Does that work for you? Let us know.

0 Kudos

I reinstalled and InstallShield 2021, but it did not integrate with Visual Studio 2019.  

From the 'Compare Versions' datasheet on the main website (link below), it does imply that Visual Studio 2019 only works with InstallShield 2019?

datasheet-is-compare-versions.pdf (revenera.com)

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jking2z,

Thank you for your reply.

Did you mean that you uninstalled then reinstalled InstallShield 2021, but InstallShield 2021 did not integrate with Visual Studio 2019?

Could you please try executing the following two commands back to back from an Administrator command prompt on the build machine running InstallShield 2021?

C:\Program Files(x86)\InstallShield\2021\System\TSConfig /unregisterVSIP

Wait until the command finishes running.

C:\Program Files(x86)\InstallShield\2021\System\TSConfig /registerVSIP

No, the datasheet is not implying that Visual Studio 2019 only works with InstallShield 2019. For conciseness, each InstallShield version only lists totally new features. The suggested interpretation is that it means that beginning with InstallShield 2019 and onward in higher InstallShield versions, Visual Studio 2019 is supported.

Please give my suggestion a try and let us know whether that works for you.

0 Kudos