cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

InstallShield 2018 SP1 upgrade

I just upgraded IS2018 Premier Edition to Service Pack 1 (I was pointed by the Software Manager) and now all projects need upgrade.

On my build server I have a IS Standalone 2018 installed.

Will my projects (saved converted by IS 2018 SP1) will still build with the same ISSA 2018?

If not, how do I revert to IS 2018?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

If project files are upgraded, then when you opened the project files it would have created a backup of the original version. it will look something like this PROJECTNAME.### where ### represents the original version.
If the project file did not require an upgrade then the renamed file will not be present.

Me, I would just use source control (svn, git, Hg, etc) and revert my changes.

Someone else will need to address the issue of the Standalone build compiling builds. I did find something interesting in my build system. A few days ago I realized that I have a project that is still compiling on the standalone build machine that uses IS2016 Standalone build. However, the project file was never converted and is still IS2015. So the Standalone Build has some ability to compile project files from previous versions - I don't know about newer versions though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

DLee65 wrote:
If project files are upgraded, then when you opened the project files it would have created a backup of the original version. it will look something like this PROJECTNAME.### where ### represents the original version.

I know that and I have no problem using the backed up files.

But the problem is:

On my development machine I have IS 2018 SP1, so any project will be converted.
On my build server I have a ISSA 2018.

Will ISSA 2018 able to work with the converted projects?

Is NO, I need to synch the 2 versions, but:
- How to revert on my machine from 2018 SP! to 2018?
- How to get a ISSA 2018 SP1 for build server

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi loanb22,

Answering to your queries:
- How to revert on my machine from 2018 SP! to 2018?
- How to get a ISSAB 2018 SP1 for build server

Hence SAB builds don't have software update support,your build server won't get updates.You can go with later one i.e make build server known to InstallShield SAB 2018 SP1.You can download InstallShield SAB SP1 build from your PLC account.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
Julian231
Level 2

Hi,

-To address your first issue,you may need to attach log file from Flextnet connect folder to get more insight

-This issue may be specific to UI theme,which needs to be fixed from InstallShield side.You may expect this to be fixed in their upcoming releases

-About third one,Symantec flagging with softwares had become trivial now-a-days.It depends upon the type of quarantine that you are flagged.If it is on installshield's setup.exe/binaries you can submit those to them. prepaidgiftbalance

Last week i was been flagged for .log file,dint even have clue about it.

Thanks,
0 Kudos