cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lshadmi
Level 4

InstallShield 2014 not runs (InstallShield 2016 installed as well and running)

Hi First I had InstallShield 2014 Pro Then I installed InstallShield 2016 Pro as well without uninstall the 2014 version. I using both for deferent projects and all works fine (2016 runs from any shortcut since its the default now and 2014 needs to be lunched from the start menu shortcut of 2014) Today I tried do to as I always do but the InstallShield 2014 simply not running any suggestion about how to make it run again? Thanks
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @lshadmi ,

Can you try to launch the Installshield 2014 executable directly from the installed location (C:\programfiles\Intallshield\2014\system\isdev.exe), and see whether you are able to launch IS 2014, or any error prompted during the launch.

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for you reply. Yes I already tried that with no results at all (Not errors no running application...)
0 Kudos

Hi @lshadmi, I would suggest you to check task manager for any running isdev.exe instance of IS2014 that might be hidden for some reason.Just terminate that one and try launching,it can help. Else try launching it via cmd.exe,these are multiple ways to figure out why isdev.exe dint get displayed Thanks, Jenifer
0 Kudos

השג את Outlook עבור Android

Acuant
Lee Shadmi
Phone: 972-52-8404376
Email: LShadmi@acuantcorp.com | Website: www.acuantcorp.com
Acuant, Inc. Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for use by the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized disclosure by you or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to legal penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email and delete this message from your computer. Furthermore, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
0 Kudos

nothing happens and nothing reported. i even tried reboot for several times. there is no isdev in the task manager and it i run it it just appear as running but i do not see the application or any error or any dialog. same goes if i start it from cmd
0 Kudos

Hi @lshadmi ,

Can you check, is there any "Installashield.log" file exist in C:\programfiles\Intallshield\2014\system folder, if it present delete this file.

Then Launch C:\programfiles\Intallshield\2014\system\isdev.exe once again, and see "Installashield.log" file is getting generated or not. If it is generated, can you open and see any error code present in it.

And, can you check whether your IS 2014 license still exist or require reactivation.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is my current status:

I uninstalled InstallShield  2014 and 2016 from my computer.

I deleted any files and folder i could find that related to Installshield \FlexNet\Macrovision at ProgramFiles\ProgramData\CommonFiles

I did the same and deleted anything i could find in the registry.

Now i tried to install just Installshield 2014 and after the setup completed i got the activate dialog. so i activate the license i have and its reported as success.

Then i tried to open the InstallShield  2014 but the activate license dialog raised again so i had a loop that shows me this activate dialog with no errors but with no option to actually see the InstallShield  2014 application.

I tried to install and activate on other computer but then got an error that saying that the number of computer that allowed for my license are exceeds the number i can (which is 1)

(Uninstall the InstallShield  should free the license so i do not know why this is happening )

so now i have again my computer without anything on it and waiting for support or for someone else that might help me to get back to normal work. 

0 Kudos

Hi @lshadmi ,

Here are the things that could help you solve the issue:

The above things work for online type.

Hope it helps you to set back to your old state.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos