cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msalgosuper
Level 3

InstallShield 2012 Limited Edition

Hi there. I am hoping that this is the right place to post this question.

I am using Visual Studio 2012 and when it came time to create my first installation project I noticed that the native wizard that had always been with Visual Studio was no longer present and I was recommended by Microsoft to use InstallShield which comes with a handy free version (the Limited Edition).

My Visual Studio project has a dll (EPPlus) that is referenced that I would need to include on my installation file. I get an error when I use the Visual Studio Output Selector on the Application Files section of the Project Assistant page. I am able to successfully select and add the Localized resources to the list, but when I build the project I get the following message:

Error 2 -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "[Project Name].Localized resources" from component [Project Name].Localized_resources ISEXP : error : -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "[Project Name].Localized resources" from component [Project Name].Localized_resources

I later noticed that on the Dependencies page under Step 2, Specify Application Data, that this functionality is available in the Premier, Professional and Express editions of InstallShield only. So does this mean that to include a dll in my installation file I would need to pay for this software wherein I always had a free solution in Visual Studio 2010 and earlier?

Thanks,
-Michael
0 Kudos
(11) Replies