cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amhalgi
Level 3

InstallShield 2011 Premier Edition

Hi,

I am currently evaluating InstallShield 2011 Premier Edition. The document and website mentions it contains Repackager.

After installation I could not find repackager. Kindly help.

Thanks

Andy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Not applicable

InstallShield 2011 Premier Evaluation don't have repackager feature.
0 Kudos
amhalgi
Level 3

Hi,

I would like to know best way to configure InstallShield 2011 Premier edition for repackaging. Do I need to install complete product on virtual capturing system or can I have InstallShield 2011 install on the host OS and run repackager from network in the virtual capturing system.

Is there a good document to configure it?

Andy
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The Repackager user guide explains best practices (page 18) plus lots of other information on how to use Repackager. Here's a link (PDF):
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/DocumentRepository/Installation/InstallShield/InstallShield%202011%20Premier/01_Public/Product_Manual/InstallShieldRepackager9_5UserGuide.pdf

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
amhalgi
Level 3

Hi,

I would like to take a capture of legacy setup using snapshot method.
I have InstallShield 2011 Premier edition installed but could not find repack.exe to run remotely on my virtual machine.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Repackager is available as a separate downloadable installation. (If you have the DVD of InstallShield 2011, you can also find the Repackager installation on the DVD.)

To obtain the download of Repackager, check for updates from within InstallShield:
[LIST=1]
  • On the Tools menu, click Check for Updates. The Software Manager opens.
  • In the list of updates and messages, expand the InstallShield Premier Edition Files and Utilities message.
  • Click the Learn More link.

A Web page that has links to all of the separate InstallShield 2011 Premier files opens. One of the links is for the Repackager installation.
  • 0 Kudos