cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brijesh_pandya
Level 2

InstallShield 2008 to InstallShield 2014 Migration

Hello,

I have one project which is in InstallShield 2008 setup successfully run on Windows server 2003 and .Net framework 2.0 but I need to migrate it to InstallShield 2014 ( which needs to be supported in Windows Server 2012 and .Net framework 4.5)

so my questions are

1.It possible to automatically migrate from 2008 to 2014 when I run my project in installShield ?

2.If I can not migrate it to InstallShield 2014 automatically and I should make that manually will it support all previously features?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

You should be able to open your InstallShield 2008 project in InstallShield 2014. InstallShield will create a backup copy before converting it to the InstallShield 2014 format.

A lot of new and revised functionality has been added to InstallShield since InstallShield 2008, so I recommend reviewing the "Upgrading Projects from Earlier InstallShield Versions" area of the help to see what has changed. This section highlights changes in behavior that you may notice between new InstallShield 2014 projects and projects that are upgraded from earlier versions to InstallShield 2014.

Here's a link to the online version of that Upgrading from Earlier InstallShield Versions help topic.
0 Kudos
brijesh_pandya
Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for your reply

I only have install shield 2014 evolution version and I need Install Shield 2008 software or sample application so I can port it into the 2014 version and test it.

Can you please help me out for that.I did not found anything for Install Shield 2008 software or sample application.

Thanks,
Brijesh Pandya
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield 2008 is not needed in your scenario. You should open your project directly in InstallShield 2014 and test the build output.

And in any case, InstallShield 2008 is no longer sold or supported. The version that is currently available for sale is InstallShield 2014.
0 Kudos