cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmoulton
Level 6

InstallScript install stopped working when converted to InstallShield 2014

I launch a little InstallScript piece during my suite install that is used to modify some suite properties.

Unfortunately, when it was converted from InstallShield 2013 to InstallShield 2014 it stopped working.

I looked in the MSI log and it appears to run through the script correctly. However, the suite appears to be throwing an error when it finishes.

It displays some obscure dialog error. I have attached this error.

Is there a known issue with converting InstallScript projects to InstallShield 2014 or using them in suite applications in InstallShield 2014?

Thanks,

--Kim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The attached hotfix should resolve the behavior you are seeing. Please note that IS 2014 SP1 should already be installed prior to applying this fix. Once SP1 is installed, use the following steps:
1. Make a backup copy of \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISRT.dll.
2. Extract ISRT.dll from the attached zip file and copy it to \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014\Redist\Language Independent\i386.
3. Rebuild your InstallScript project.
4. Rebuild your suite project.

Please let us know if you continue to see this issue with InstallScript packages in suites after applying the hotfix.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

Thanks for the speedy reply.

The Hotfix does fix this issue.

Thanks,

--Kim
0 Kudos