cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Barnett
Level 5

InstallScript 2010 Custom Bitmap Header.

Hi guys - i want to change the banner (header) bitmap image on all dialogs.
(I have Highlighted it in red the attachment image)

I am using Installscript - I have found info on how to change it with MSI but not Installscript.

Any Ideas? - any help would be great! 🙂

How do i change the bitmap at the top of the install dialogs to a custom bitmap.

Thanks in Advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You can use the DialogSetInfo function to provide an alternate bitmap by passing DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE for the nInfoType parameter. Note that this will also affect the welcome and finish dialogs, so this should not be called until after the welcome dialog has been displayed and should be disabled before the finish dialog is displayed (if you do not want the bitmap specified to be displayed on the welcome and finish dialogs).
0 Kudos
Aaron_Barnett
Level 5

Thanks Josh

I tried that
DialogSetInfo (DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "leftlogo.bmp" + ";1;0;;0,0,0", TRUE);

But it only seems to be changing the banner on the Left..
How do i change the banner on the top?

Please note im using BlueTC Skin.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
AlexLampard
Level 4

Try setting the bit map image using after the following statements

//{{IS_SCRIPT_TAG(License_File_Path)
szLicenseFile = SUPPORTDIR ^ "License.rtf";
DialogSetInfo ( DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^"ss.bmp",TRUE );

Exit the DialogSetInfo function to restore to the default image after the License dialogue box

DialogSetInfo( DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "", -1 );
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Skinned dialogs do not have any images in the header/banner area of the dialog (compared to the non-skinned dialog in the attached screenshot). The banner area is a solid color filled rectangle described in the skin.ini used to build the skin (the skin customization kit describes the various regions on a skin).

If an image is needed for the header/banner for skinned dialogs, a custom skin would need to be created to describe the image, it's position, and attributes for the skin.

For non-skinned dialogs, calling DialogSetInfo with DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE can be used to change the image used on the dialog header/banner.
0 Kudos
Aaron_Barnett
Level 5

Understood - thanks Josh
0 Kudos
Not applicable

I use DialogSetInfo to display my custom banner, but my banner is in black color, so it hides the text, could you please help how to display the text in white color? I use installscript MSI.
0 Kudos