cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uninstall_error
Level 3

Install shield error I can't uninstall programs -5009

I hate that I had to register just to ask this question. A search of the forums turned up nothing that could help me. I think this will be my first and last post here if I can be helped. Not really any of the user's faults, but I wish this problem were posted somewhere on this website. It's not listed under the common error, though I did manage to find -5009 last night, but it wasn't completely what I needed, see next paragraph why.

I also apologize that I'm not sure of my installshield version, I don't know where to find out (I did a google of that and nothing turned up) anyway, I am getting this error, as many have probably experienced. Though through my search efforts I find I have the more uncommon problem of uninstalling a program rather than installing one click this link below.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l13/thesnare/uninstallerror-1.jpg

Under details it lists this:

Error Code: -5009 : 0x8002802b
Error Information:
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (163)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (391)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (1163)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (34)
>Ctor\DriverWrapper.cpp (31)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (1152)
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (384)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1526)
PAPP:Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy
PVENDOR:EA Games (http://www.uo.com)
PGUID:DF7B213D-2065-41ED-BB51-7A3EED31EA7B
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 55312.18

So, needless to say I want to solve it. This program came in a downloadable archive and is free to use. Does the solution to this problem entail having to go into the files of this program itself and do something there? Or could I just reinstall installshield and install it via the start menu option the normal way?

There aren't any other programs I want to uninstall right now, so I don't know if this error just pertains to this program. Please...........don't tell me that if I tried to uninstall any of my programs that I'd need to go into the files of the program and/or registry to uninstall them. Is Installshield the only choice you have for installing programs in windows? If not I'd want something that's not basically like Atlas holding up the sky, if he drops it then it's the end of world, in this case, all my programs would to be uninstalled manually.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
uninstall_error
Level 3

Does anyone? It's not like I haven't made an honest effort to try to solve this problem.

I wonder why no one has replied, maybe because they think it's such a common error and that I shouldn't be asking, but I have done quite a bit to try to find the answer to this.
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

The community is geared towards setup developers, rather than end-users. If you are an end-user, you can either use InstallShield Consumer Central for self help, or contact the software vendor who makes the application you are trying to uninstall.
0 Kudos
uninstall_error
Level 3

TsungH wrote:
The community is geared towards setup developers, rather than end-users. If you are an end-user, you can either use InstallShield Consumer Central for self help, or contact the software vendor who makes the application you are trying to uninstall.

Ok, sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell.
0 Kudos
uninstall_error
Level 3

TsungH wrote:

Is there a end-user's forum? I tried that link, the closest thing to my problem would be this

http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q110616&sliceId=1

still not quite my problem.
0 Kudos