cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aonindy
Level 3

Install of limited edition failing

Hi,

trying to install limited edition to use in VS2013 and it is failing when trying to install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package".

System is W8.1, 64bit.

I have tried to install the redistributable package separately (as administrator) ("vcredist_x64.exe") but that fails also?

any ideas?

thanks.
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Kindly check your private message to find the ftp location details where i have uploaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package in a zip folder named "Redistributable.zip".

You can place those files in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites

Please let me know of you had any issues accessing the ftp portal.

Thank you,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
aonindy
Level 3

Hi,

thanks for reply - I placed the file in location and ran setup same ittus.
I then executed the file from ftp folder and it also failed.

Tried to attach screenshot but attachment uploader not working as expected.

Error:

Error 1935. Error occured during installation of assembly Microsoft.VC90.ATL, version=9.0.30729.1, publickey=1fc8b9a1e8e3b, processarchitecture=amd64, type-win32
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Could you please confirm if yours is a 32 bit or a 64 bit machine? Are you trying to install a 64 bit Redistributable on a 32 bit machine? If so, it is not possible.

1935 error is caused due to various reasons where some of them could be:

• An unsuccessful install of prior Windows Updates OR Custom MSI packages ,could have left over faulty registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS.
• When Windows Update feature is not working correctly.

Few ways to get rid of this error for a successful working of this Redistributable is:

• Re-install Microsoft .NET Framework
• Perform a Full Virus Scan
• Full Scan your Registry
• Re-register Windows Installer
• Check System Files for Corruption
• Clean the System Junk
• Run a repair install

Kindly let us know if there is any other issue.

Thank you,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
aonindy
Level 3

Hi,

as per original message, I am running "System is W8.1, 64bit."

Please advise
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Now i understand what the exact issue is with the Redistributable Package.

I shall test this on a windows 8.1 64 bit machine and get back to you at the earliest.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

I am able to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package successfully on a Windows 8.1, 64 bit machine.

When you first try to install InstallShield Limited Edition 2012 Spring/2013 BETA, it will first prompt you to install " Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package". Kindly verify Visual Studio application once or run a repair of the same.

Could you please provide me with a screenshot? It would be helpful to investigate the issue further.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
aonindy
Level 3

Hi,

Upload will not allow screenshot of error. I have as requested, tried both a reinstall and repair of VS 2013.
Same error coming so unable to use your product. I shall try to send you screenshot in PM.

Please advise.

thanks.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Kindly check your private message to find the ftp location details that i have shared.

Regards,
Chaitra
0 Kudos