cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninhc
Level 3

Install Web Application projects using IS2010LE

I have a question: Is it possible to install Web Application projects using InstallShield LE for VS2010? If it is possible, where could I find an example?

Can anyone help, please?
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

You may create a website through the Internet Information Services view.

Kindly refer the InstallShield Help Library that is installed with InstallShield Limited Edition.

Kindly refer the topic “Internet Information Services”.

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
ninhc
Level 3

My development machine is running Windows 7. In VS2010, I created an InstallShield LE setup project for a Web application.

When executed in the same machine, the setup project performed all necessary tasks: (1) Installed Content Files and Primary Output in the selected install folder; (2) Setup the Web site in the IIS; (3) Added the Web application to the “Programs and Features” panel. ** Soon after the installation is finished, the website was available for browsing **.

When executed the installer in machines running Windows Server 2003, after the InstallShield wizard completed, the message said that my Web application was successfully installed. But, actually the installer was performed only one task, installed Content Files and Primary Output in the selected install folder. The Web application was not setup in the IIS, also the application was not added into the “Add and Remove Programs” panel. ** The website was not available until it was setup manually in the IIS **.

My question is: Why the installer functioning differently in Windows 7 machines and in Windows Server 2003 machines? In Windows Server 2003 machines, is it a way to make the installer performs all installation tasks as same as in Windows 7 machines?

Can anyone help, please?
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

I am currently looking into this Issue.

I should have further updates at the earliest.

Thanks,
Madu
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

I created a Web Application Project by changing the default Port number and after the Installation in Windows 2003 ,Web Application was successfully setup in IIS.

I am suspecting the Issue you are facing could be due to Version Specification.

IIS 6 is available only on Windows Server 2003 platforms, if IIS 6 is not installed, other IIS directories and sites are still created. IIS 6-specific settings are skipped.

Thanks,
Madu
0 Kudos