Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciberr_bob
Level 5

Install Script Query

I'm working on Installshield 2009
Type of Project : Install Script

How can i check whether the IIS component of the operating system is enabled or not. As a part of the prerequisite check i've to check the version of IIS also. ...if its not installed i've to exit gracefully....How can i achieve this. ?? Please Help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

You might want to use the value of MajorVersion under the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters. If IIS is installed, that will tell you its (major) version.
0 Kudos
ciberr_bob
Level 5

DanGalender wrote:
You might want to use the value of MajorVersion under the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters. If IIS is installed, that will tell you its (major) version.

Checking the registry part is fine but how and where to implement the checking part in installscript type of project. If it were a basic msi project there is application requirements feature which can be used for selecting the prerequisites ...but how can i achieve this in installscript type of project. Please help
0 Kudos
Dan_Galender
Level 10

You have to write InstallScript code to retrieve the value from the registry (and the logic of what to do if you find IIS is not installed) and put it into an event handler (like OnBegin).
0 Kudos
ciberr_bob
Level 5

DanGalender wrote:
You have to write InstallScript code to retrieve the value from the registry (and the logic of what to do if you find IIS is not installed) and put it into an event handler (like OnBegin).

Thanks DanGalender, issue resolved. Thanks for the help
0 Kudos
TheTraveler
Level 8

Hello,

I have written a function that can be found at this link. The function to look at is, My_IsIISInstalled. It will test to make sure that IIS is installed and it will get the version number of IIS from the registry.
0 Kudos