cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheOJB
Level 2

Install .NET Framework 4.7.2

Hello, I use Installshield 2012 Spring Premier Edition . I included .NET Framework 4.7.2 offline installer package.

The Values in the Prerequisite Editor are.

Properties

For the alternate location to download = http://saturn.installshield.com/is/prerequisites/Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Full.prq

Conditions:

The registry key = local machine ...

Value name = release

Value data = 461808

Run if = System less than value data

File to Include

I added the .net framework file

Application to Run

Launch the NDP472-KB4054530-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe

Command for the application = /q /norestart

Command for the application in silent mode = /q /norestart

Return code = 1641,3010

Behavior

Checked administrative privilegs

After installing the prerequistie = Ask whether to continue the setup

Need a reboot = Exit and resume on reboot

Dependency

nothing

When I run the setup it installs the .net framwork and a message appears that it needs a restart. Want to restart now or later is the output. This is so right. Now comes my problem. If I say later, then the setup does not continue. It closes the window with the message and nothing happens anymore.

What do I have to adjust to continue the  setup? When I restart, it runs the setup again, but I don't want to restart the computer.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
TheOJB
Level 2

Can anybody help me please?

0 Kudos
SemmlTim
Level 3

(This works in projects that use MSI as the installation engine, I don't know enough about pure Installscript projects to help you there)

Honestly, I find the prequisite Installer too complicated to use it for installing .NET packages and I kept running in the same problems. It also doesn't make sense to me to install additional packages before your Setup (except when your Custom Actions need .NET themselves). I rather run the required package AFTER I'm sure my  own installation had run successfully.

This is what I do:

Depending on your setup design, you can(should?) add a Checkbox in your dialogue so the user can decide if he wants to install missing .NET during the setup or all by himself afterwards.

0 Kudos