cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCostello
Level 2

Install Issue with KB3072630 installed?

I have run into an issue with our install running on machines with security update KB3072630. With this update installed we get an Internal Error 27555 during our install. It looks like its trying to write to the CURRENT_USER registry key that we setup during our install. The work around now is to remove that update before running our install but that is a short term fix. I'm not sure what is actually causing the problem though. Has anyone else run into this problem since that security update was pushed on July 15th? Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try to change my install to work with this update?

I have found another site that has the same problem so I am linking that here since they have a nice write up about it.

https://www.chax.com/support/multichax/fix-for-multichax-install-error-27555/

Any help would be much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We have released a hot fix that should resolve this issue. Officially it's only available for InstallShield 2015, and thus is only supported there, but in practice the DLL in question can be substituted into most earlier versions of InstallShield that have the same DLL.
0 Kudos
DCostello
Level 2

Thanks MichaelU, I can confirm that these dlls do work for Installshield 2014. Do you know when this fix will make it into an Installshield 2014 or 2015 update? We are going to be upgrading to 2015 next week.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The fixes will be included in any future release. The next likely release would be a service pack to IS 2015, but I don't have a time frame at this point. Hopefully applying the hot fix isn't too much of a hurdle for you. 😮
0 Kudos