Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datti1304
Level 3

Install Fonts

Jump to solution

Hello

I want to install my fonts with an MSI package. I have created a new project with the "Basic MSI Project". Then I opened the components and opened the Components Wizard with a right-click. Now I can select a type in which also fonts is. Unfortunately, nowhere is the font type to choose from. I wanted to do it with the following instructions: http://www.installationdeveloper.com/tag/installshield-expert/page/6/

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

You don't need them.

You have to get THE FIRST Radio-Option, mark [FontsFolder] and next your fonts files. That's all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
roman2
Level 7

IS Help:

Although you can create a component in one of several ways, the easiest way to install a font (a .ttf, .fon, or .ttc file) in a setup is to create a Fonts component in the Component Wizard.

Unlike the other component types offered in the wizard, there is no corresponding advanced setting for Fonts components. The setting that distinguishes a Fonts component and tells Windows Installer to install it differently is the file’s Font Title property.

An alternative to creating a Fonts component is to select the Setup Best Practices option in the Component Wizard and let InstallShield create a Fonts component for you from your font files.

0 Kudos

Hello

Yes I know. But where can I find the "Fonts component" in the Component Wizard?

0 Kudos

You don't need them.

You have to get THE FIRST Radio-Option, mark [FontsFolder] and next your fonts files. That's all.

0 Kudos

OK, Thank you Roman2! 🙂

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @Datti1304 ,

Once you choose Fonts from component wizard by opting second option,you will be listed with system installed fonts.You can find system installed fonts on Run command(Ctrl+R),type fonts.

If you want to choose your own fonts,you can select "i want to add fonts not installed on system"

Hope with this you can achieve whatever you want.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos
Hello Jenifer

But I can't choose "Fonts" from the Component Wizard. There is no option for that. I take the following steps:
Open InstallShield
Create New Project (Basic MSI Project)
Go to Components
Rightclick on "Components"
Choose "Component Wizard.."
Add a New Feature
Choose "Let me select a type and define the component myself"
And now I can't choose Fonts. There are no Component Types for Fonts.
In all instructions are the Component Types "Fonts".
Should I add the Fonts to the "Files and Folders"?

0 Kudos