cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlos_Matos
Level 2

Install Certificate ?

I'm trying InstallShield and I would like to know if it is posssible to install a Certificate and if so, how can I do it?

Thanks,
Carlos
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
regexmaster
Level 5

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you're talking about digitally signing files included in your installation, and/or the setup or msi itself, yes - in the "Releases" section of the Installation Design view. After you've added at least one release you can select it, and you should see a "Signing" tab in the main workspace.

My apologies if the names of places mentioned above don't exactly match the actual names in IS, but at the moment I need to rely on my memory (always a bit dodgy).

From there you can sign your install using a pfx cert. or a paired certificate and private key file (i.e. *.spc and *.pvk)

Hope this helps,
-Dave
0 Kudos
kconley2602
Level 2

Carlos:
Did you find a solution for installing the certificate at the target machine?

Kevin.
0 Kudos
kconley2602
Level 2

Carlos:
Did you find a solution for installing the certificate at the target machine?

Kevin.
0 Kudos
clintontull
Level 3

I have a cert that needs to be installed to . The old way was to use the certmngr.exe with the params.

for %%a in (c:\ie6\cert\*.crt) do start /wait c:\ie6\cert\certmgr -add -c %%a -s -r localMachine root

So how can i take this and use it to create an ism in IS2010, or 2009?
Is there a tool to do this or do i just add the file.cer to project with the certmgr.exe
do a deferred exection with a custom action to run the cmd script stated above?
0 Kudos