cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MModesitt
Level 3

InstalShield LE in VS 2015 Not Creating .MSI file with current Primary Output Version

I hope this is the right place for this post. I saw no sub forum for InstallShield LE. I am using the Free InstallShield for Visual Studio 2015. After much searching for help, I finally got the software to make a .MSI file for my Users to setup my software. The first version created had a bug in it. Subsequent fix and rebuilds found the Primary Output .exe file of the new versions not making its way into the .MSI file. When Users run the .MSI file, the original version with the bug is installed. What am I missing? Is there some switch somewhere to get InstallShield to use the latest version? The product version of the .exe file is changing every time I rebuild the project.

Thank you,
MModesitt
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MModesitt
Level 3

Visual Studio puts the .exe file in the path C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\{ProjectName}\bin\Release but the .msi file uses a folder on my server where in the latest version of the PrimaryOutput .exe must be placed. That was unclear to me because I was used to seeing Visual Studio 2010 put the PrimaryOutput .exe file in the .msi file. Apparently with Instalshield LE, the file is not in the .msi but in the folder on my server which has to contain the latest version of the PrimaryOutput .exe.
0 Kudos