cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlinyElder
Level 7

Insert PROPERTY in Suite Prerequisite EXE command line

I am having problems inserting a custom [PROPERTY] into the EXE Command Line area when installing an exe. i have tried "[PROPERTY]" as well as just [PROPERTY] and neither ware working for me.

When configuring msi package command lines it works perfectly as "[PROPERTY]"

Also does the Suite property need to be "Formatted"?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

PlinyElder wrote:
I am having problems inserting a custom [PROPERTY] into the EXE Command Line area when installing an exe. i have tried "[PROPERTY]" as well as just [PROPERTY] and neither ware working for me.

When configuring msi package command lines it works perfectly as "[PROPERTY]"

Also does the Suite property need to be "Formatted"?

1. Keep in mind that properties are not available in OnBegin Events. Sounds like you are using it in 'Packages', 'Install', etc, which should be OK.
2.Suite properties only need to be 'Formatted' if they use another property. For example:

Name ------------- Value --------------- Formatted
MyProperty1 ---- 1 --------------------- No
MyProperty2 ---- [MyProperty1] ---- Yes

Log your suite install and you will be able to see exactly what is being passed. Search log for "Resolved" (assuming this command line is for Install.
Post log and desired command line here if it does not jump out at you.
0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

So this is what im trying to have in my command line but its not being converted to the value. Also i cant seem to get the logging for this exe package to work. Im not seeing a log created when i try to use it
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

About 1/3 of the way down in your screen shot you will see that you have 'Enable Logging Support' set to "No". Change that to "Yes".
0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

Ive tried that but im not getting any logs created. The documentation is confusing on how to log for EXEs in the Suite application
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

ahhhh....
Try this to log Suite
From CMD prompt... CD to directory where Suite.exe is located.

Setup.exe /debuglog”%CD%\SuiteLog.txt”

Where Setup.exe is your Suite.exe (quotes required if spaces in name)
and SuiteLog can be any name you want to call the log.
0 Kudos