cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TijoKJoy
Level 2

Information Sharing: Build an setup to install some custom prerequisites on user PC

This thread is to share an information:

I am using InstallShield 2013 to build an installer to install some custom prerequisites on my user computers.
First I have to Create a custom Prerequisites using the Prerequisite Editor, set the condition, file path etc in that.
After creating the Custom Prerequisites, select it in the the redistributable list to include it in the build,
Right click this prerequisite, & change the value of the property called "InstallShield Prerequisites Location" from "Copy From Source Media" to "Extract From Setup.exe"

But to my surprise i was not getting a single set up file with the Prerequisite installed embedded.

To enable this, go to your release's "Setup.exe" tab and change the value of the property called "InstallShield Prerequisites Location" from "Copy From Source Media" to "Extract From Setup.exe".
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
GrantK
Level 7

Another interesting option for the InstallShield Prerequisites Locations is the option for Follow Individual Selections. This option would work as you would like it to.

Follow Individual Selections—Use the locations that are specified for each individual InstallShield prerequisite’s properties in the Redistributables or Prerequisites view. This option is available for Basic MSI, InstallScript, and InstallScript MSI projects.
0 Kudos