cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ganesh2you
Level 5

In MSI Script Project, where the upgradation is called, is we can control ?

Hi to all,

I am using MSI Script Project, In this project, If i give a internal version is higher than already existing one, it getting upgrading. My question is that where the upgradation is called, is we can control that upgradation using script file ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Both minor and major upgrades in InstallScript MSI projects cannot be controlled through script as they are a function of Windows Installer in this project type.

To have some additional control of upgrades through InstallScript code, a pure InstallScript project would be needed.
0 Kudos
ganesh2you
Level 5

Hi joshs,

I have two more doubt

while upgrading, Is all file existing is replaced ? or some files only get replacing ?

In my case:

I Upgrade into 1.77 version into 1.78 only one or two files are upgrading(i.e replacing to new dll's). How can we ensure that all the files are getting upgrading. Is there is any way to confirm the same. Is there is any way to upgrade all the file

Actually I am giving support for already existing Installed shield project file (xxx.ism),
I know that it was referring the folder d:\folder\*.*, while creating setup.exe

How can change the path and how can I include some extra file in that, Is this controlled by script or some other way.

Kindly help me out of those problem, thank you replying my previous post

joshstechnij wrote:
Both minor and major upgrades in InstallScript MSI projects cannot be controlled through script as they are a function of Windows Installer in this project type.

To have some additional control of upgrades through InstallScript code, a pure InstallScript project would be needed.
0 Kudos
OldBean
Level 5

1. Like Josh said, for Msi project, you have no control over version comparison but following the file versioning rules.

2. not sure if this is what you were looking for, on IS 2011
go Installation Designer -> Media -> Releases ->
click on Build tab, first line "Release Location"

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos