cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anjali_s
Level 3

ISSetupPrerequisites folder not found in setup

Hi,
I created an exe using install shield. Added microsoftsqlserver 2012 express sp1(x64) as redistributables. And in properties I set extract from setup.exe. But when I created setup it doesn't contain ISSetupPrerequisites folder . What is the reason behind this??anyone help me.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

if you have set "Extract from Setup.exe" then the pre-requistes will be bundled into the setup.exe wrapper
0 Kudos
anjali_s
Level 3

But setup will not contain the prerequisits. I try to install the set up in a system.. But it did not ask to install sql.
0 Kudos
rrinblue22
Level 9

I guess it could be due to the conditions on the pre-requistes which is not satisfied on the particular system you been trying.

In any ways, if you want to really verify if "ISSetupPrerequisites" folder is being created then just navigate to:

Media >> Releases >> Setup.exe tab >>and then set "InstallShield Prerequisites Location" to "Copy From Source Media".
0 Kudos
anjali_s
Level 3

I installed the sql express2012. but after installed this, the install shield shows that installing sql server..and it doesn't go to install the application.
0 Kudos
rrinblue22
Level 9

There's lot of things you can look for:

Did the pre-requiste install or it's still in process ... check for it's process and install log if it has any
Can the same prq be installed outside of InstallShield with same set of command line parameters (if any)
0 Kudos