cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CodisISUser
Level 3

ISSetup.dll Failed Signature verification - MRP Test Tool for Win Server 2012 R2

Hi All,

I am not sure it was already discussed here or not. We are trying to validate our products against Microsoft Platform Ready test tool V4.5 for Windows 2012 R2.
We have tried few things, searched on internet but still un-able to resolve this issue. MRP test fails and it states two of our products ISSetup.dll failed signature verification. Our setup package is fully signed and we have also signed individual assemblies (using third-party certificate provider) but somehow we are still getting the error below:

03/22/2014 15:44:43 :: Binary list

03/22/2014 15:44:48 :: The following binaries failed signature verification:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{Our Product1-Code}\ISSetup.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{Our Product2-Code}\ISSetup.dll

Any idea will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
CodisISUser
Level 3

Hi All,

Still no response from any senior members, gurus. If I am not doing anything wrong then It might be a bug of leaving ISSetup.dll un-signed assuming the package is fully signed as per the settings in the "Signing tab".

I came across Windows app certification test results thread which has the same issue reported and different people pointed out it might be the Third-party installer used and did mention the OP to raise it to InstallShield as this looks like an issue (I am not sure as if it is then it should be patched with something similar to Windows-Compatibility-Issues-on-Windows-8-1-and-Server-2012-R2-for-Suite-and-InstallScript-Projects)

I am quite struggling with the issue and I think InstallShield should pick this up as they release the patch below for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 (updates of the manifests file):
Windows-Compatibility-Issues-on-Windows-8-1-and-Server-2012-R2-for-Suite-and-InstallScript-Projects

ISSetup.dll was not signed before InstallShield compresses all the files to Setup.exe (As we have compressed configuration in our release).

While Installing on a one of my Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V I noticed InstallShield temporary folder does contain ISSetup.dll and other required files. All of them were signed apart from ISSetup.dll.
The only work-around I can think of is to have a un-compressed version of the release files and manually signed the ISSetup.dll and then package them using InstallShield "ReleasePackager" command.
To summarize:
1) Under Media - have your setup files as un-compressed.
2) once you have Disk1 folder with all your files populated, sign the ISSetup.dll
3) Package them into one setup.exe file using "ReleasePackager" - Can anyone tell me how I can use this?

Any help is appreciated.

kind regards
0 Kudos
govindkatkamwar
Level 2

CodisISUser wrote:
Hi All,

I am not sure it was already discussed here or not. We are trying to validate our products against Microsoft Platform Ready test tool V4.5 for Windows 2012 R2.
We have tried few things, searched on internet but still un-able to resolve this issue. MRP test fails and it states two of our products ISSetup.dll failed signature verification. Our setup package is fully signed and we have also signed individual assemblies (using third-party certificate provider) but somehow we are still getting the error below:

03/22/2014 15:44:43 :: Binary list

03/22/2014 15:44:48 :: The following binaries failed signature verification:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{Our Product1-Code}\ISSetup.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{Our Product2-Code}\ISSetup.dll

Any idea will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Have you got any solution, please help if yes
0 Kudos