cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ra_sacks
Level 2

ISLE - Register an ActiveX component?

I have a Visual Studio 2012 project which requires a couple of OCXs supplied by the manufacturer of an external device, with which I need to communicate.

Virtually all of my projects are "one-of's", so I rarely bother to build an install. In this case, I need to do that.

I was surprised to find that the Visual Studio Setup and Deployment projects were discontinued. I don't object to using ISLE, but I can't find a way to have it include and register my OCXs. When I click on "Dependencies", it just prompts me to upgrade to a more full-featured version of InstallShield, at a staggering price.

Thank you, Microsoft...
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Bob
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

After adding the .ocx files to destination computer's files pane, Please follow the below steps for COM & .Net Settings:

>Right Click on the .ocx file > click on properties
>Click on COM & .Net Settings tab
>Select the appropriate registration type(None/Extract COM/self-registration) from drop down list under registration type
>Select the appropriate Scan at build(none/properties only/dependencies and properties ) from drop down list under .Net Properties.
>Click on Ok
>follow the above process for other .ocx files.
>Build the setup project and install the setup file and check if, it satisfies required behavior.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos