cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anders123
Level 2

ISEXP : error : -5036: Internal build error

Hello,

I am in the process of converting my projects from VS2010 to VS2012. I have come to the first solution that has a couple of Windows Setup projects.

I have tried to create IS projects an importing the Windows one. I get the above error on both.

I then tried to create one installer from scratch for one of the installers I needed. Same result.

Then I created a new Solution with a WPF app with one window with one button and created an installer according to the Video you provided. Same error.

The explanation you have provided in other threads doensn't help. It talks about the "Release Configuration". I cannot find where to change this.

Can you please provide a proper fix for this?

Regards

Anders
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

do you see the same behavior if you change the build location? you can change that in Releases->Builds->Single Image->Release location.

You can try to build uncompressed release to if this makes change in behavior.
0 Kudos
anders123
Level 2

Hello,

I tried to change the output location to a separate existing directory.

I also made sure the Compression option was Uncompressed.

The result is the same.

Anders
0 Kudos
Shekar
Level 7

please post the build log which might provide some hint.
0 Kudos
froussetdepina
Level 2

I try all solutions, I have always the same error, no log file, no message, nothing that says why, when, where, Stupid.
I try again many time and I have always this stupid message.......
I have Visual studio 2012, W7 service pack 1, AMD Phenom 6 cores, 16 Go memory.
I instal, remove Installshield LE always the same, he never work, never.
0 Kudos
Shekar
Level 7

I'm not sure about details of why the error is occurring, but it may be tied to initializing the Merge Module section of our build process. Have you changed your merge module directories, or added a new merge module? Or perhaps a file has been corrupted; you might try running our installation in repair mode.
0 Kudos