cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user87
Level 2

ISEXP : error : -5008: Intel64 or AMD64 must be specified in the template of the Summ

Hi,

this appears to be a FAQ, but I cannot find a solution.

I installed InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition in VS2010, ran the Import Wizard to Import an old Setup (vdproj). The files come from different Projects that are on the one Hand compiled as x86 (Services which Access native DLL by P/Invoke) and on the other Hand as AnyCPU (WebProjects, Silverlight).

When I build the installer I get this:
ISEXP : error : -5008: Intel64 or AMD64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream

How can this be solved? Where can I edit this "template"?

Thanks!

PS: sorry for the capital letters - this is done by the Forum automatically and after a while I didn't bother
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Unfortunately, Installed InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition in VS2010 don't support creating 64 bit setups, but this feature is made available in the beta version of installshield limited edition for VS2013, which can be downloaded after succesful registration from http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio .

Note that it works as the same way like 64-bit support in Installshield Express editions.

Please refer "Challenges of Supporting Both 32-Bit and 64-Bit Target Operating Systems" topic in installshield 2013 express edition help.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The final released version of InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition is now available. For information on how to obtain this new version, see the following thread:
NEW VERSION: InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2013/2012/2010
0 Kudos