cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djoResolver
Level 3

ISDEV license failure when running from Azure DevOps

We run InstallShield on a host VM from a powershell script that is executed by an Azure DevOps agent running as a user in our domain. This has all worked before and we are setting up a new VM host for InstallShield.

I can run the script successfully on our new VM as the domain user, but when the Azure agent runs as the same user we get the following output when the script executes ISCmdBld.exe:

InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright (c) 2013 Flexera Software LLC.

All Rights Reserved.

Build started at Jan 20 2020 12:02 PM

ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.
Default Configuration\Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I can confirm that we have successfully licensed InstallShield, and that I can run it from the UI and from powershell as the same user that the Azure agent is configured to use. When I log in to the VM as the given user and run our powershell script the entire process runs as expected.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @djoResolver,

Hope you are verified the Installshield IDE(UI) build in the same build machine where the azure agent configured to build the project. If so, Can you ensure to have administrator privilege while executing the script through azure agent .

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Hope you are verified the Installshield IDE(UI) build in the same build machine where the azure agent configured to build the project. If so, Can you ensure to have administrator privilege while executing the script through azure agent .

I don't understand what you mean by this so let me reiterate the scenario:

InstallShield is installed on a VM in our domain and is properly licensed. An azure agent accesses the VM using a windows service running as a local admin user account, which executes a powershell script that includes running InstallShield. This is the same configuration we have used on another VM before with success. When I run said script manually as the same user the agent uses it works just fine; when the azure agent has the same user run the script we get the indicated InstallShield license error.

0 Kudos

I rebooted the host VM and now it's working. Sorry for the noise.

0 Kudos