cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmonarch61
Level 2

ISDEV fatal error -7210 Failed to verify digital signature of IsUiServices.dll

Hello:

I've been using IS 2012 with no problem for a while now. Right out of the blue, I get this Error msg:

ISDEV : fatal error -7210: Failed to verify digital signature of C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012\System\IsUiServices.dll
Error -2147467259: Automation error
Unspecified error

I've made no changes (that I'm aware of) on my productivity machine. Did a Google search and got several possible solutions but nothing defniite.

I created a completely new IS project with only a simple install thinking maybe it was project related. Same issue.

Other colleagues are not seeing this issue.

Very odd.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
uwereisewitz
Level 3

Same here.
Unable to Build on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1. It did work on 03/26 ago so it's probably related to one of the last windows updates. Windows XP still works but that's no option.

Flexera, please help!! What could we do to solve this?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Regards
Uwe
0 Kudos
uwereisewitz
Level 3

I have created a workaround:
Create a backup copy of the file in question, then sign the file yourself with your own certificate. After that everything works fine 🙂

Regards
Uwe
0 Kudos
Halyna
Level 3

Hello,
Have you found the solution for this problem ?
Thanks,
Halyna
0 Kudos
BorgBBS
Level 3

It seems on my system at least, the Flexera digital certificate was removed.

I verified the file (C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012Spring\System\IsUiServices.dll) was intact by comparing it to one on a machine without the issue.

I then opened the properties of the file, viewed its certificate under the Digital Certificates tab, and installed that certificate.

Basically after reinstalling the Flexera Cert all is well again.

I hope this helps.

I don;t know how the Flexera cert was removed from my machine but there it is! 😮
0 Kudos