cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdhintz
Level 6

ISDEV : fatal error -5047: Cannot create directory C:\Users\TFSSER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DIR708F.tmp

Jump to solution
SAB builds commonly fail with DIR<num>.tmp creation failures.  This happens with all versions including 2019. How can this failure be prevented?  From the build output:

Resolving strings...
Language English (United States) built
Started signing ISSetup.dll ...
Building .cab files...
ISDEV : fatal error -5047: Cannot create directory C:\Users\TFSSER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DIR708F.tmp
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Build machines were updated to Windows 10 1809 and a new McAffee version was applied that I'm told has Windows 10 compatibility fixes.  We haven't seen the symptom since those updates.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Bikram
Flexera Alumni

Hello tdhintz,

Please refer for the possible scenarios where this error has been known to occur and how to avoid it:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge/Build-Error-5047/ta-p/3576

If it doesn't help, please explain the scenario for which it is failing.

Thanks,

Bikram

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. Here is my feedback on that article.

1. ... install InstallShield Express to a shallow path. ... The resolution says change the InstallShield product install location, but it also mentions the build location. InstallShield is installed at the default location which is C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2019 SAB. Is this path excessive? The location of the source has also been moved several times without positive impact.
  2. If building to a network location ... This build is not using a network share. The build works about 4 out of 5 times. That it succeeds suggests permission is not an issue.
  3. When the build folder is currently open in Windows Explorer ... The machine is an automated build environment. No one is on the machine. There is a virus scanner that monitors ...\Local\Temp. Can the temp folder be moved to ensure virus scanning isn't impacting the build?
  4. If the release has been corrupted ... Instructions suggest cleaning the release folder. Every automated build in our environment starts with a clean release folder.
0 Kudos
Hello tdhintz, I guess the virus scanner that monitors ...\Local\Temp is locking some file in Temp folder which leads to fatal error -5047, just to confirm if this is the reason, can you disable once the virus scan during build time and see if the issue still persist. If the issue is not reproducible after disabling the scan then check there would be a setting in the antivirus to disable scan for file creation which will help you to run the virus scanner and build at the same time. Thanks, Bikram
0 Kudos

Build machines were updated to Windows 10 1809 and a new McAffee version was applied that I'm told has Windows 10 compatibility fixes.  We haven't seen the symptom since those updates.

0 Kudos
markpaulo
Level 2

This error occurs During the installation process, a new plugin or theme creates a directory ( with the plugin or theme name) in the wp-content folder or you may encounter this error due to high memory usage and no disk space.

Check out the following process to fix this error:

1. Create Backup

2. Disk Usage Optimization

3. Resetting File and Folder Permission

4. Setting File Permission via FTP Client

5. Monitor Application Logs

I have gone through these steps using this guide: https://www.cloudways.com/blog/wordpress-installation-failed-could-not-create-directory/

Hope it will work for you.

0 Kudos