cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raghava
Level 2

ISDEV : error -7141: An unexpected error occurred embedding file ..\ISBEW64.exe into ..\ISLockPermissions.dll

Jump to solution

Hi,

InstallShield 2020 has been using from past year, and it is functioning fine. From last 7 days getting the below error

Embedding file c:\program files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\Redist\Language Independent\x64\ISBEW64.exe into ISLockPermissions.dll

ISDEV : error -7141: An unexpected error occurred embedding file c:\program files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\Redist\Language Independent\x64\ISBEW64.exe into C:\BuildAgent\_work\51\a\X64\Interm\ISLockPermissions.dll

Embedding file c:\program files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\Redist\Language Independent\x64\ISBEW64.exe into isregsvr.dll

ISDEV: error -7141: An unexpected error occurred embedding file c:\program files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\Redist\Language Independent\x64\ISBEW64.exe into C:\BuildAgent\_work\51\a\X64\Interm\isregsvr.dll

We executed the below things, still the issues persist

1) Reinstalled/ repaired the InstallShield Software i.e., InstallShield R3 Standalone Build

2) Excluded the InstallShield path from the antivirus program

Can anyone please assist me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Raghava : We understand you are facing an build error, however could you please confirm adding exclusion to isdev.exe in anti virus you are able to build the project without any issues?

If you are able to build without any issues, Please check your anti virus last update, if it was updated with in a week and after that if you are facing the issue? Please verify

Please try to update your anti virus to latest updates available and then try build installshield project and verify it works or not.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Raghava : We understand you are facing an build error, however could you please confirm adding exclusion to isdev.exe in anti virus you are able to build the project without any issues?

If you are able to build without any issues, Please check your anti virus last update, if it was updated with in a week and after that if you are facing the issue? Please verify

Please try to update your anti virus to latest updates available and then try build installshield project and verify it works or not.

SasiLanka
Level 3

Hello @varul and everyone

I have the same issue with InstallShield 2019 R3 Professional Edition.

ISDEV : error -7141: An unexpected error occurred embedding file F:\RR\replay\setup\Replay\Release\Core_x64 Data\Interm\_AddTrustedPublisher_x64.xml into F:\RR\replay\setup\Replay\Release\Core_x64 Data\Interm\_31EF637053C647E53F1F8D57903443A0.clr

I've added this exclusion in Windows Security, but it didn't help.

Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

@SasiLanka ,

From when you are facing this issue? after windows update , AV or any security update?

How frequent is this error observed, always throws this error or it happens intermittent

Is F:drive is a local drive or network drive?

If its a network drive please test with a local drive C:drive and check it works or not.

0 Kudos

@varul 

May be it startred after some update because it worked before. But I'm not sure which update exactly.

Sometimes this error doesnt't appear, but it's very rarely. This error can be triggered on embedding different files. It's not the same set of files every time.

F: is local drive.

I've tried Install Shield 2020, the same...

0 Kudos