cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uwereisewitz
Level 3

ISDEV : error -6258 after Upgrade to Windows 8

Hi,
I've updated my machine from Win 7 Ultimate (x64) to Win 8 Pro (x64). It has the Standalone Build of Installshield 2012 installed (18.0.0.329).

Now my Build gets the following errors:
ISDEV : error -6258: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012 SAB\Redist\Language Independent\i386\MSI3.1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe". Make sure the digital signature information provided in the IDE is correct.
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming '\Interm\MSIEng.isc' into setup.exe

Then it signs my setup successfully but fails again:
ISDEV : error -6258: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file "\.msi". Make sure the digital signature information provided in the IDE is correct.
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming '\.isc' into setup.exe

The same ISM-File runs fine on a full Installation of Installshield 2012 on Win 7 (x64). It worked on my machine before so it seems to be related to Windows 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Uwe
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
dmcgloin1
Level 3

I tried replacing Signtool.exe with newer one from the Windows SDK. This did not fix the problem.

About half the time, InstallShield also just crashes.

I also tried creating a brand new simple project. Same issue.

Anyone?
0 Kudos
cslsrm
Level 2

I am getting the same issue Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, gives error -6258 and -6003, yet it happily signs the files and setup.exe, just refuses to sign the Windows Installer File msi file.
0 Kudos
HookEm
Level 5

We're in the process of trying to set up our build environment on a 64-bit Windows Server 2012 system and are having the exact same problem but with the InstallShield 2010 SP1 Standalone Build module (16.0.0.400).

Did anyone ever figure out what's causing this or how to work around it?
0 Kudos
HookEm
Level 5

I opened a support incident with Flexera (SIOC-000144395) for my scenario (error 6258 when building IS 2010 source on Win Server 2012) and, as expected, they told me IS 2010 isn't supported on Win Server 2012 and I would have to upgrade to get support. After upgrading I no longer had this issue.
0 Kudos