Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reureu
Level 10

ISDEV Error 132

Hi,

I get
ISDEV : error 132: Internal error in file C:\CodeBases\isdev\src\BackEnd\Build\MediaBuild\DataTargetFile.cpp, line: 86 "Access is denied."

when building an InstallScript project using IS 2010 SAB SP1.

I found this outdated thread about the same topic,
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=101235.
It mentions the CD-ROM folder of the feature, but in my case I have only one empty feature and the corresponding CD-ROM folder field is empty.

Any idea?

Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This occurs when there is an error moving a temporary file the build is maintaining to the DISK1 folder. For example, most of the files contained in DISK1 are first built in a temp path on the machine (setup.inx, data1.hdr, data1.cab, layout.bin, etc.) and are then moved to DISK1 at a later time in the build. If an error occurs with the attempt to move the file, build error 132 will occur.

If you are seeing an access denied error, ensure that the standalone build process is running as administrator and that the current user has access to the path the project is building to.
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Hi Josh,

Thanks for that.
This issue only occurred once. We restarted the build in the same conditions and it worked.
So, I don't think it had anything to do with Administrator credentials or access rights.
Is this error code documented anywhere?

Regards
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Hi,

Some more words about this issue:
It seems to work most of the time, but for no apparent reason, this issue occurs.
Hence, we modified our build script to restart building this InstallScript project whenever this error is returned.

As far as I understand, the error is due to some access problem to some files that are temporarily saved in C:\CodeBases\isdev\src\BackEnd\Build\MediaBuild\.

My question:

• Could this issue occur when ISDEV tries to delete or move these files, while another application (typically a antivirus scanner) is still accessing them?
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

Are you building to a network location?
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

No, we use a build server.
This build server has got a hard disk split in several partitions.

• The system and IS 2010 SAB SP1 are on C:\
  • The whole project we are building, including the ISM file and all the input files for the setup are on E:\

McAfee Antivirus is running on this build server.

What do you think about an hypothetical race condition between the Antivirus and ISDEV?

Regards
0 Kudos