cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrun44
Level 4

IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is set to "yes" for the frong version

I have two installations of version 10.20.062.60, which support major upgrade of each other of older version 10.10.060.10 - each installation uninstalls both old installations and installs itself. That works.
The problem starts when new version of one installation is installed, then the new version of another installation is evaluated to IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE to "yes". How this is possible? Version range inclusive has 10.10.060.00 - 10.10.061.99. According to log file all versions are detected correctly, and then IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is set to "yes".

Could somebody please help?

wrun.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
manomatt
Level 8

hi,

Could you tell me why you are having 2 installations of same version?

For the two new installation you have the same version of 10.20.062.60, and different productcode right? If possible could you put the logs here; my sample setup works fine... 😞
0 Kudos
wrun44
Level 4

mano.n.s75 wrote:
hi,

Could you tell me why you are having 2 installations of same version?

For the two new installation you have the same version of 10.20.062.60, and different productcode right? If possible could you put the logs here; my sample setup works fine... 😞

Thank you for your reply!
We have two products, that are installed by dedecated installations. Installations have shared and specific files.

Right, product codes are changed, upgrade codes stay. I have IS 2011 and InstallScript Msi project. Do you have it working in Basic MSI?

I do not have log file around now, will have to rerun the test.
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

I had done my test in basic MSI project. for major upgrade item entry i had selected the checkbox of Version range inclusive with your mentioned range.10.10.060.00 - 10.10.061.99
0 Kudos