cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildrumpus
Level 2

IS Limited Edition 2011 Application Version Format

I am using InstallShield Limited Edition 2011 for Visual Studio 2010. Our application versions are in the format of yyyy.nn.nn, but IS will not accept that in the GUI. Example: 2012.01.00 Is there a fix or a work around!?!?!?!
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I infer that you would like to change the version format of your application but please note that the format used by ISLE is the standard format as put forth by Microsoft. Microsoft Installer uses only the first three fields of the product version. If you include a fourth field in your product version, the installer ignores the fourth field.

The format of Product Version is a.b.c where a – Major Version, b – Minor Version and C – Build Version

You could also include a fourth field in Product Version number but the installation does not use this part of the product version to distinguish between different product versions.

Kindly refer the MSDN article which explains about the Product Version:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370859%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

You could also navigate to the topic "Specifying the Product Version" topic in the ISLE help library for further information on this.

I hope this helps!
0 Kudos